Kerala social reformers
* Sree Narayana Guru (1856-1928) - Social reformer, scholar, teacher, saint and Vedantin and founder of SNDP.
* Vakkom Abdul Kadher Moulavi (1877-1933) - A visionary social reformer and educationist, a prolific writer and fearless journalist, a noted scholar and linguist and, above all, a patriot.
* Ayyankali- The leader of the backward casts in Kerala
*Adi Sankara (788 - 820) - Saint, poet, philosopher and reviver of Hinduism in India. Propounded the doctrine of Advaita (non-duality), which identified the Supreme with the Self. He is revered as the Shankaracharya.
* Chattampi Swamikal (1853 - 1925) - was one of Kerala's famed social reform activists and learned men.
* C. Kesavan - The Chief Minister of erstwhile state of Travancore-Cochin from 1951-52.
* Dr. P. Palpu - Social reformer.
* K. M. Moulavi - An active leader of the Khilafat movement and the first president of Kerala Nadvathul Mujahideen (1950), which is responsible for fighting social evils like dowry, superstition, and promoting education and protecting rights of women among the Muslim population in Kerala.
* K. P. Kesava Menon - Well known patriot and active volunteer of the freedom fight against the British. Founder of Mathrubhumi daily.
* Mathai Manjooran (1912 - 1970) - A gallant freedom fighter, socialist revolutionary, member of the Indian Parliament, Labor Minister in the 2nd EMS communist ministry, and above all the staunchest advocate towards the formation of Kerala State.
*Mannathu Padmanabhan - Founder of Nair Service Society.
* M. C. Joseph - Rationalist, founding editor of Yukthivadi.
* Nawab Rajendran - Social activist who stirred the conscience of the society for three decades.
* Sahodaran Ayyappan - Social reformer, follower of Sri Narayana Guru. He proclaimed "Jati Venda, Matham Venda, Daivam Venda Manusyanu" (No caste, No religion and No God for Human being" as a rejoinder to the famous words of his philosopher-guide Narayana Guru who said: "One Caste, One Religion and One God for Human Being".
* Nataraja Guru - Disciple of Narayana Guru. He is a great sage and social reformer of India. Nataraja Guru founded Narayana Gurukulam.
* Kandapuram A.P Aboobaker Musliyar, Sheikh Aboobacker Ahmad the founder of Markazu Saqafathi SunniyaInstutitions in Karanthur, regarded as the leader of the largest Sunni Muslim factor in Kerala.