kerala ancient rulers
* V.K. Krishna Menon - Toiled for India's Independence in England itself, Diplomat, Orator and India's Defence Minister.
* Vakkom Majeed - Freedom Fighter, Former Member of Travancore-Cochin State Assembly
* Sir Chettur Sankaran Nair - President of the Indian National Congress (1897 -1898)
* C. Kesavan-
* U. Gopala Menon - Indian National Congress leader.
* Sir C Madhavan Nair - Administrator during British Rule
* K. Kelappan - Known as "Kerala Gandhi". Leader of the Payyannur Salt Satyagraha and the Guruvayur Satyagraha. He was also the founding President of Nair Service Society.
* K. P. Kesava Menon - Freedom fighter, Founder-Editor of the Mathrubhumi .
* A. V. Kuttimalu Amma - Top ranking freedom fighter
* NP Nayar - Freedom fighter and former Administrator, Azad Hind Dal
* Kallat Krishnan Freedom fighter
* M. Kanaran Freedom fighter
* C.H. Kanaran Freedom fighter
* Ammu Swaminathan Freedom fighter
* Lakshmi Sehgal As Captain Lakshmi, commanded the Jhansi Rani Regiment of the INA under Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose
* E.M.S. Sankaran Namboodiripad Was one of the early freedom fighters of Kerala. Was one of the founder leaders of the Congress Socialist Party. Later, joined the Communist Party.
* A.K.Gopalan Was one of the early freedom fighters of Kerala. Was associated with Kelappan for a long time. One of the founder leaders of the Congress Socialist Party. Later, joined the Communist Party.
* P. Krishna Pillai Was one of the early freedom fighters of Kerala. Was one of the founder leaders of the Congress Socialist Party. Later, joined the Communist Party.
* Pazhassi Kerala Varma Raja Fought the British half a century before the first war of independence fought by the rest of India. Col. Arthur Wellesley, who later defeated Napoleon in Waterloo, had to concede defeat in the hands of Pazhassi Raja.
* Mathai Manjooran (1912 - 1970) - A gallant freedom fighter, socialist revolutionary, member of the Indian Parliament, Labor Minister in the 2nd EMS communist ministry, and the staunchest advocate towards the formation of Kerala State.
* Velu Thampi Dalava Fought the East India Company at a time they were grabbing power in princely states.
* Panampilli Govinda Menon Was one of the early freedom fighters of the princely state of Cochin. Later, became a cabinet minister under Mrs. Indira Gandhi.